Monday, January 12, 2009

Speedwork -- Track Intervals

OK, I know this is late notice, but I'm sending it out as an extra
motivation for me to get out of bed and out the door for the running
workout I dislike the most -- track intervals. I'm going to run (at a
warm-up pace) up to Godwin, do 3 x 800 m intervals with a recovery 400
m between each, then run (at a cool down pact) back home. Anyone
interested in joining me?

It's about 1.5 miles from John Rolfe Commons (the ABC store) to the
Godwin track, so the total mileage would be about 5 miles, so I'd like
to leave the shopping center at 5:20 -- it's supposed to be 30°, so
let's try not to invoke the 5 minute rule.

• John Rolfe Parkway
• Left on Ridgefield
• Right on Glen Eagles
• Left on Old Prescott
• Right on Pump -- cross to the sidewalk
• Left into Godwin HS
• Right into the parking lot (beside the track/stadium)
• Around the track 5 times
• Back the way we came

Don't worry if you can't come (or don't want to) -- just the chance
that some other crazy person might show up will get me out the door. :-D

Bob Allen

No comments: