Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pittsburgh Marathon, 3 May 2009

(I hope Paul doesn't mind my posting this on the blog. --Bob Allen--)

Thanks, Todd.  Can always count on you to make sure we get some good pre-race hills into our workout!!  Love those hills...they are my friends...
 
Speaking of hills...I heard during a recent Saturday morning Sportsbackers training session that, after several years of non-existence due to the local sponsor pulling out, the Pittsburgh Marathon is back in 2009 thanks to Dick's Sporting Goods sponsorship.  It will be run on May 3, 2009 and if I get the green light from my better half, which I fully expect I will, I will be signing up to run it.  They will also have a Half Marathon, or you can form a 4-person relay (leg distances are 7.9 + 5.2 + 7.8 + 5.3 miles).  Pittsburgh is a hilly area, but I checked the elevation chart on their website and it looks like you start down at the river, work your way up the hills, stay up at that level for about half the race and then come back down to river level.  Registration for the marathon is $75 until January 10th.  Half marathon is $60.  Maybe several of us (or more) can put this on our calendars and visit this nice city.  Anyway, thought I'd let you know.  And spread the word.
 
Best of luck to everyone this Saturday.  It is an exciting time.  Todd, I owe you lots for your role in getting me back to running. Thanks.
 
Paul Harvey

No comments: